Why do Business in South Stormont?
- Because South Stormont is a terrific place to live, work or visit!
- We can offer lower tax rates than our larger neighbours;
- We have fully serviced, municipally owned and appropriately zoned land for sale in our business parks;
- We have a great location. South Stormont borders on the City of Cornwall in the United Counties of Stormont, Dundas and Glengarry in Eastern Ontario. The Township is 1 hour west of Montreal, 1 hour south of Ottawa and 4 hours east of Toronto. We are located on Highway 401 at exists 770 to 789 in the heart of Canada’s highway / rail / fibre optic corridor-route with border crossings to the USA just minutes away.
- Our staff are second to none when it comes to providing professional and courteous service to potential new businesses while maintaining a positive and “go forward” relationship with our existing businesses.
We would be pleased to assist with finding the right property for your business and guide you through any potential approvals process.
Our community has been very fortunate in recent years and is experiencing positive economic growth in both residential development and small business expansion throughout the community. We are extremely proud to feature the lowest taxes in SD&G that has directly impacted South Stormont’s economic stability. As a community we support our existing businesses and encourage new business to the area.
Economic development for the Township of South Stormont is coordinated through the offices of the Chief Administrative Officer and the Manager of Building & Development and is supported by the United Counties of Stormont Dundas and Glengarry Economic Development and Communications Department. The Township of South Stormont is proud of our Economic Development initiatives and continues to work hard. In 2013 there are several exciting economic development initiatives underway, including a new Economic Development Strategic Plan and a Community Improvement Plan & Brownfield Strategy. These support the Township in being “Open for Business”.
Proud Partner Logo User Guidelines
First introduced in 2008, the Upper Canada Region brand aims at offering an identity to the Municipality of South Dundas and the Township of South Stormont. This brand highlights our historical roots while connecting to our renowned tourist attractions, including Upper Canada Village and the Lost Villages museums.
Recent initiatives that incorporate the brand include hamlet signage, a website for tourists/investors, and 2014 print advertisements.
Pursuant to the original branding report (BR&E), the brand is available to community partners and as such, a specific brand graphic for merchants and businesses was developed for inclusion in their own advertising. View the user guidelines a for the use of this “Proud Partner” logo.