- Administration and Corporate Services
- Building Permits
- By-law Enforcement & Animal Control
- Finances and Taxes
- Fire and Emergency Services
- Parks and Recreation
- Planning and Development
- Public Works Roads
- Waste Management
- Water and Sewer
Trillium Road Landfill Site
The Public Works Department manages the Trillium Road Landfill Site.
Location and Hours:
- 14595 Trillium Road
- OPEN Friday and Saturday from 8:00 AM to 4:00 PM
- CLOSED on statutory holidays
Items accepted at the landfill:
- Household items only
- Tires: free for tires without rims, charge for tires with rims
- E-Waste: free anytime ~ this includes display devices (monitors & television), desktop computers, portable computers, computer peripherals, printing, copying & multifunction devices, telephone & telephone answering machines, cellular devices & pagers, home theatre in a box, aftermarket vehicle audio & video devices, image, audio and video devices home /non portable, image, audio and video devices personal/portable.
- E-waste: free anytime
- Recycling: free anytime
- Metal: free anytime
- Leaf and yard waste: free anytime
Items that are not accepted at the landfill:
- Commercial waste
- Hazardous waste
- Your free landfill pass does not apply to shingles or construction materials. These items are subject to tipping fees.
- The current landfill pass is for 2016 only.
- A resident of the Township of South Stormont may contact the Town Hall or visit us at the office to request a landfill pass at no charge. There is only one landfill pass issued per household.
- This allows residents two free loads per year at the landfill site.
- A tipping fee will apply for any additional visits.
Personal Use 2017 Waste Management Fees
(currently under review; subject to change)
|1/2 Ton Pick up Truck||$20.00|
|Utility Trailer – Single Axle||$25.00|
|Utility Trailer – Double Axle||$35.00|
|1 Ton Truck||$55.00|
|Car & Truck Tires with Rims||
|Car & Truck Tires, no Rims||FREE|
|Transport tires with rims||$15.00|
|Freezers, Refrigerators and air conditioners that have been decommissioned||FREE|
|Freezers, Refrigerators and air conditioners that have not been decommissioned||$30.00|
|Shingles||$55.00 per load|
|Construction Materials||$55.00 per load|
|Blue Boxes||2 Recycle Boxes – Free of Charge
$5.00 per each additional box
|Composter||$30.00 (tax included)|
|360L Recycle Cart||$55.00$ (tax included)|
|Township Garbage Tags||
$1.50 Can be purchased at the Township Hall, Foodland in Ingleside and Cross Roads Convenience in St. Andrews.
|Advertising on Waste Receptacles||$300.00 per year per receptacle or $50.00 per month per receptacle, if available|